1. “Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man wanted to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion.”
- L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Scientology
2. “Never throw up on an editor.”
- some excellent advice from Ellen Datlow
- Ernest Hemingway
4.”If you really want to hurt your parents and you don’t have nerve enough to be homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts.”
- Kurt Vonnegut
5.”I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.”
- Stephen King.
6.”Fiction writing is great. You can make up almost anything.”
- Ivana Trump, after finishing her first novel
7. “It’s none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way.”
- Ernest Hemingway again
8.”What’s another word for thesaurus?”
- the inimitable Steven Wright
- e e cummings
10. “I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.”
- Hunter S. Thompson.
I hope you enjoyed my post. And because I want to see you all back here regularly, I am offering a free copy of Looking for Mr. Goodstory to anyone who joins my blog! It’s a collection of my favorite blog posts over the last six months – all you have to do is join up, then write to me at colin underscore falconer underscore author at hotmail dot com. I’ll send you a copy as a mobi Epub or PDF file!